All vendors must show valid vehicle liability insurance, and a valid Space Receipt prior to driving onto the Swap Meet grounds. You will not be allowed to drive inside without the above two items.
I’m interested in becoming a vendor at your swap meet. What’s the first thing I should do?
The first thing you should do is obtain a California Department of Tax and Fee Administration Resale Permit, with our address on it. Our address is:
Los Angeles City College Swap Meet
4133 Marathon Street
Los Angeles, California 90029
A California Department of Tax and Fee Administration Permit may be obtained at no cost from any California Department of Tax and Fee Administration office. The Offices located closest to our location are:
(State Board Office Closest to SWAP)
5901 Green Valley Circle
P.O. Box 3652
Culver City, California 90231-3652
12750 Center Court Dr. Suite 400
Cerritos, CA 90703-9897
The Swap Meet Main Office hours are:
|8am – 3:30pm||8am – 3:30pm|
Okay, I now have my permit. What’s next?
All Daily spaces are sold through a bidding system held on Saturday/Sunday morning and afternoon. At the Swap Meet Main Office located in 3 story Parking structure for that same weekend.
The morning bid starts at 8:05 a.m. to sell that same day and the afternoon bid starts at 3:30 p.m. spaces are to sell for the following weekend. To enter you must have a valid I.D., Sellers Permit and Proof of Vehicle Insurance driving into the swap meet property.
What is the cost of a space?
Space are sold through an open Bid whoever bids the highest amount gets the space. The starting bid for Saturday is $60.00 and increases in $ 5.00 increments. Sunday starting bid is $ 75.00 and increases in $ 5.00 increments.
MONTHLY RESERVE VENDORS
NON RESERVE VENDORS
|Saturday||$45-50||$50||Bidding Starts $60|
|Sunday||$55 – 60||$105||Bidding Starts $75|
What are the sizes of your spaces?
Most of our spaces are approximately 17 feet wide by 18 feet long. However, many of our spaces are smaller than this, and many are large than this.
Okay, is there a way for me to get a space for the entire month?
All Monthly spaces are sold on the last Saturday and Sunday of the current month for the entire upcoming month. These Spaces are all sold through a bidding system. Saturday Spaces will be bid off at 3:30 p.m. Sunday Spaces will be bid off at 3:30 p.m. The winning bidders get the space for the entire month. These spaces are only good for one month.
|Starting Bid||Weekly Fee|
NO CREDIT / NO REFUNDS
Do you provide tables, tarps, poles, canopies, etc.?
No, you would have to provide those items yourselves.
Do you provide electricity for the space?
No we do not provide electricity for the space. We do have a power test area located behind the Lunch Truck to test the electronics. No generators are allowed.
Okay, I have purchased my space. What time do I have to be there?
The gates open at 7:00 a.m. to enter, but you can’t set up until 7:30 a.m. (Any vendor caught setting up before 7:30 am will not be allowed to sell) On Saturday you must be set up on your space no later than 8:00 a.m. and on Sunday no later than 8:00 a.m. Any vendor not set up on their space by the specified times may lose their space to another vendor for that day.
What time may we pack up and leave?
Vendors may begin leaving after 3:30 p.m. and must be off the property no later than 6:00 p.m. Your space must be clean of all trash and unsold merchandise.
What products am I NOT allowed to sell?
Licensed spaces are assigned by LACC Swap Meet solely for the sale of goods, merchandise and services approved by Swap Meet management. Approval may be withheld for any reason, in the absolute and sole discretion of Swap Meet management. Please be advised that the following goods and services are prohibited:
- Drinks, food and any other item used for human consumption with the exception of pre-approved food trailers, carts and trucks. Swap Meet management will approve fruits, vegetables, and prepackaged items, such as potato chips and candy and similar items sold for off-site consumption. Please see Swap Meet management for approval of food items that may be sold at LACC Swap Meet for off-site consumption. Note that this approval MUST be given in advance. Vendors should not buy food items assuming they will be approved. Health permits issued by Health Department, may be required.
- Entertainment, game arcade, game of chance and grab bag.
- Ammunition, axes, daggers, firearms, fireworks, flammable materials, guns (whether real, replica or toy), hatchets, knives, except for knives which are part of a packaged tableware set, swords and weapons of any kind.
- Drug paraphernalia, drugs, hash or water pipes, roach clips and paraphernalia commonly associated or used with marijuana or any drug or narcotic.
- The sales of animals, endangered species or goods, merchandise or products made from endangered species.
- Pornography, illegal items and any adult entertainment good or service.
- Goods and services that infringe on or violate any copyright, patent or trademark. Counterfeit goods. Goods and services that make or suggest any misrepresentation.
- Palm reading.
- Motor vehicles, including but not limited to motorcycles. Vehicle accessories, parts and supplies may be sold.
- Personal health services.
- Any item that in the sole discretion of Swap Meet management is or may be hazardous to the health, safety or welfare of any person.
Do you charge admission into the Swap Meet?
Yes, Saturday and Sunday admission are $1.00. Children under 54″ are FREE.